Know-how for development of nanofiber applications for water filtration arises under management of L. Mareš since 2006. During this time an integrated know-how was invented and includes:
- a recipe for producing a fourth generation of nanofibrous microfiltration membrane for water filtration,
- new generation of membrane for energy-free water filtration
- the prototype of a filter device for water filtration without the use of electrical energy.
In 2017 a Memorandum of Understanding was signed with SmVaK and joint testing of membranes developed by us under the conditions of the water system. Testing of the prototype also takes place in Tanzania
Know-how consists of forms of intellectual property protection, industrial recipe and trade secret.
During research and development, extensive know-how has been formed for all stages of the development and manufacturing process, enabling transfer of know-how and rapid start-up of industrial production. The basic elements of know-how are:
- knowledge of electrospinning processes,
- experience with up-scalling of applications - from laboratory development to industrial production,
- process and technological conditions for production,
- optimaliization of the production process,
- transfer of know-how abroad,
- characterization and standardization of nanofibrous materials,
- expert services.